Crack Rocks of Wisdom

Bloggets

Monday, January 16, 2012

Am I a .........Rock Band Disgrace??? You Bet Your Ass I Am

I try to embarrass or disgust my spawn on a daily basis.
My kids are mortified when I play rock band. They refuse to play with me. Granted, I have ZERO musical talent... but you don't need it to play rock band.
I was rockin out to American Pie with a friend and my son has his girlfriend over. He ended up leaving because it was soooo embarrassing. I thought it was pretty good (but what do I know, I married a crack head). I know I'm not a rock band goddess but he didn't have to leave, lol. If I knew that's all it took, I'd whip it out everytime they got on my nerves. I'm amazing.... if i only have to use the first 3 keys on the guitar. So, I embarrassed my kids! SO WHAT.
If I had a dollar every time they embarrassed me, I be watching a sunset in Jamaica right now, instead of writing this blog. I'm only carrying on the family tradition my parents subjected me to.
Although, my parents were way worse. I grew up with Hippie parents, so you never knew what you were going to walk into. I would come home from school and peek in the door to make sure my dad wasn't sitting in his underwear. Which is what he did only a daily basis. So my mother started keeping an afghan on the back of the couch (the blanket, not the dog, cause that would be creepy) . That way, he could throw it over his lap, just long enough for my friend and I to quickly go to my room. My kids have it easy compared to the embarrassment I endured.
Back to rock band. I don't want to play it, but i know all the songs. Its calls to me....it says Play Warrant, Play Jon Bon Jovi. Come on, how many of today's youths are going to know American Pie. I only have sooo much will power.
So, Kids.....Sucks to be you.
Momma wants to get her rock on......On Easy (cause I get 90% on easy and when I'm on medium, It looks like I'm was a having seizure)  So, Bye Bye Miss American Pie, Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry.

Oh Yeah, I allowed them to place advertisements on my blog and what do you think I saw? A Rehab Ad. That's awesome, I love it. Very fitting :) Go Rehab, If you are smoking crack...Wait for the ad on the right side to say Rehab and CLICK IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment